Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Man Michael Bisping is a scumbag.

20K views 245 replies 99 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·
Honestly the guy is a POS and just a generally horrible human being. First off the whole getting pissed off thing was stupid, everything Rivera said was tongue in cheek and goofy not personal. But the fact Bisping delivered an illegal knee then celebrated, he then finished Rivera before turning around spitting on Rivera's trainers and going over to talk shit. Man I hope they give this scum bag a title shot just so I can watch Anderson Silva punt his head like a football right out of the octagon.

#3 · (Edited)
I lived in England for a long time and Bisping is a British version of a Jock in America. He is an idiot. I met a hundred people exactly like him. Disrespectful then apologise straight after.

The guy is a good fighter but he is not very intelligent.
I can understand why he was upset with the trashtalk but I actually really dislike him.

I hope he gets his ass handed to him in his next fight.

As for Dana keeping him as his UK poster boy, most Brits I know don't even like him.

EDIT:
I should also add that in the UK we dont use Pay per View. £10-15 per month subscription and we get all the UFC's. So it couldnt be because Bisping is a draw. Unless he is a USA draw.

#227 ·
he sells ppv in england maybe. i cant say i have ever thought wow bisping is fighting i gotta get this and get my buddys around. he is stuck between being mid level and elite i will give him that but he is far from Sonnen Belfort Maia Silva and is not in the top 10 middle weights. i think brian stann, souza, Lombard would own him. Alan Belcher and Tom Lawlor would give a good run too. i think british fans are getting a liitle ahead of themselves.

#93 · (Edited)
Your point makes no sense. Rivera was not "already out". He was kneeling on both knees in front of Bisping. Wide awake and fine. Michael "Count Me a Loser" Bisping held the back of Jorge's head with both hands and ripped an illegal knee into his face. Yeah...good move. The referee, instead of asking Rivera "are you ok?" should have stopped this fight right then. Rivera didn't even know what freakin' country he was in at that point. Lousy call goes in favor a decent fighter (there...I said it) but a HORRIBLE sportsman.

And just for the record...why the hell did Joe Rogan not even question the knee in the post fight interview? Should have been the first thing out of his mouth. Then again, probably hard to have anything come out of his mouth at that point except for Bispings balls since he had 'em stuffed into both cheeks.

Bisping has zero class. Never has and never will. He fell right into Rivera's game, got pissed, and made a decision to win by whatever means possible. Rivera never even came close to recovering from that BLATANTLY THROWN ILLEGAL KNEE.

Mike Bisping should take his unsportsmanlike ass back to England and start punting around a football by himself instead of claiming to be something he'll never be...a Champion.

#9 ·
I couldn't agree more Toxic. I just posted in the Bisping/Rivera fight thread the same exact thing.

I can't stand Bisping nut-huggers any more. If I see any on the streets I'm going to slap them in public. It's okay to like asshole fighters but Bisping fans REFUSE to admit he's the dirtbag that he clearly is.

And shut up incognito. Henderson finished the fight. He hit Shields with the same huge punch and wasn't able to do the follow up punch, and he got dominated after because of it. You're just mad your shit of a fighter always exposes his true colors, and fights the weakest side of MW.

#10 ·
He said in the post fight presser was that he was waiting for Rivera to get up but was too eager. As much as you all hate the guy think about it for a second and I think I believe him. He held that Thai clinch for a good few seconds and Rivera was getting up and I think Bisping just fired too early. He was waiting and waiting and as Rivera was getting up he realised what Bisping was doing and just held it.

As for his after fight antics he was fired up and hurt 'emotionally' lol as he claimed. Yeah he acted like a dick but what can you, do hes not scum though. He's a british fighter who you dislike greatly

#13 ·
Rivera wasn't even close to getting up he had both knees on the ground, when have you seen a guy not get up one leg at a time?

#19 ·
Bisping created false memories...ad=fter the fight he went up to jorge and said "dont ever talk shit about my family" idk where he got that from:confused02:

I loved him on tuf 3 but after a few fights i started to dislike him and now i bloody hate him after this...I really think he intentionally threw that knew I mean come on he was on the ground for 5 seconds!

#36 ·
I'm guessing he'll fight Okami next, assuming Okami doesn't get his title shot and has to wait for Silva vs. GSP.

The family remark is because Bisping thought that Rivera saying something like, 'Over 80% of the koalas in Australia have chlamydia. So, Michael...' implied that Bisping's girlfriend/fiancée was a koala with chlamydia.

Though honestly, I've jokingly accused people of bestiality lots of times, but it was never about their girlfriends... Just about them being sick enough to have sex with donkeys/pigs/dogs/fish etc. So I'm not sure his conclusion actually follows.

#25 · (Edited)
It's ridiculous how f-cking sensitive Bisping is. Someone should tell him that he's a professional mixed martial artist, a person who is supposed to adhere to the moral values of honor, humility, truth, and respect. Bisping has none of those qualities. And to think that he, Hardy, and Daley are the faces of British MMA? Wow. That's both sad, and laughable.

I wouldn't be bothered so much if he embraced his role a bit, but it's hilarious that he has NO IDEA why he's one of the least popular fighters in the MMA community. His actions and words show a lack of maturity, self-control, and even a real sense of rationality and realism. He wonders why he's hated? He should pay attention to what comes out of his mouth.

The sad thing is, people will still defend him. Even reputable British posters on this website who usually offer insightful material will be hanging on to his sack for dear life, just because he's British.

EDIT--
For the record, quite a few people don't like Dan Henderson, myself included. He's gotten more gift decisions than anyone aside from Leonard Garcia and is the definition of a meathead.

Reactions: limba
#32 ·
You know what's messed up.. Bisping looked like he was gonna throw another knee after the first one if the ref didn't stop it..

#33 ·
I think it looks more like he was keeping his legs away from Rivera so he can't take him down.

No doubt that the knee was both intentional and illegal.

Bisping would have lost that fight if Jorge wasn't such a warrior...Bisping probably knew even an illegal blow like that wouldn't make Jorge quit, unlike Bisping, he has fans that he doesn't want to let down.

#37 ·
Bisping's reaction after the fight was in very poor taste. Ok adrenaline is high and he was clearly euphoric to have beat the guy...but that was it, his fists had done the talking no need what so ever to go over there and say shit in his annoying accent.

Even if he felt Rivera had crossed a line with the things he said, you beat him, finished him at that....punched him so many times he couldn't even defend himself and the ref had to save him. What more can you achieve by trash talking after the fight? You had said everything that needed to be said by TKO'ing the guy, leave it at that.

The illegal knee was bad enough, outrageous and by all rights he could have lost the fight because of it (he should be thankful Rivera manned up and carried on) he put the guy away in pretty convincing fashion at the end...I really don't understand the actions post fight, it was trashy and classless in the fashion Brock did post Mir victory.

Bisping let himself down big time after the fight ended, but truth be told Bisping just raised his profile again, more people will now wanna see him get ko'd which means more people will pay to watch him fight which means he will be a bigger name and bigger draw in the sport (often the 'HEEL' character is equally as important, more so even, than the fan's hero when it comes to promoting and selling fights)

#40 ·
Now would actually be a perfect time to give Bisping a title shot.

Both him and Silva have just fought so would need similar periods of rest before their next fight.

There is no obvious contender who can beat Silva so the UFC need to look to other ways to sell a Silva fight.

Bisping, having won last night he is on a streak and can at least be sold as a creditable challenger, plus he has a decent fan base in UK and even more people who would pay to watch him get KO'd (something most would assume likely if he faced Silva)

Not to mention Silva has recently commented about desiring a fight with Bisping (showing the Champion respects him and it is a worthy fight etc)

In fact it would not surprise me one bit if the UFC planned Bisping to be Anderson's next defense and this is why they gave him Rivera instead of someone who could beat him, had Anderson talk up the fight to make it seem worthy and sell the Rivera fight with trash talk (even though it was obviously a mismatch)

I would not be at all shocked if the next MW title fight was Sliva vs Bisping in London

#44 ·
I was loving Bisping when he said 'like that' after the knee to the head at the end of the round. If some prick started ripping the piss out of me out of nowhere with all his mates and saying my girl was a koala with clamydia I would seriously want to hurt that dude. Rivera deserved the knee to the head for being such a classless clown before the fight. The whole charade worked badly against him and he deserved a beat down. The whole apologise thing was a bit much after the fight but with all that adrenaline pumping he's not exactly thinking clearly.

#45 ·
You can't condone that behavior though, it was foolish.

Ok he was fired up, but that knee was a flagrant violation of the rules and was stupid to the extent it could have cost him the fight (plus it was so unneeded as he was clearly too good for Rivera without having do resort to such tactics)

After the fight acting the way he did just made him look like a clown. He had won the fight, with ease, proved his point and shut Rivera's mouth with his fists.

He would have been a much bigger man if he had just shook the guys hand and even quietly said "that's what you get for talking about my family"

It's not the biggest deal in the world though, at the end of the day its a fight. Ok he makes himself look a bit classless and it reflect poorly on the sport somewhat BUT those types of things get people talking and generate more interest. Like it or not, the sport needs the odd controversy or contentious incident to keep its profile growing.

If everyone conducted themselves like GSP it would be a very admirable but also very boring sport (because there would be no reason to hate any fighter ever and how would you really chose who you want to win aside from National alligance?)

#46 ·
Honestly the guy is a POS and just a generally horrible human being. First off the whole getting pissed off thing was stupid, everything Rivera said was tongue in cheek and goofy not personal. But the fact Bisping delivered an illegal knee then celebrated, he then finished Rivera before turning around spitting on Rivera's trainers and going over to talk shit. Man I hope they give this scum bag a title shot just so I can watch Anderson Silva punt his head like a football right out of the octagon.
Im not a huge fan of Bisping myself but i didn't see that bit so i think thats very misleading.

Yes he given a illegal kne but sometimes that happens in the ufc and it will happen again for the fact that it was Bisping everyone will jump on his back.

As for the celebrating i think it was more for the boo's that were thrown at him that what he had just done.

Also Jorge Rivera talked a lot of shit and didn't ack any of it up, i was disappointed in what he had to offer tbh he go took down at will and was just looking for his big right hand with nothing else.

#57 ·
Im not a huge fan of Bisping myself but i didn't see that bit so i think thats very misleading.
With regards to the spitting, the Sherdog writer who was there said Bisping spit at Rivera's corner.

I was loving Bisping when he said 'like that' after the knee to the head at the end of the round. If some prick started ripping the piss out of me out of nowhere with all his mates and saying my girl was a koala with clamydia I would seriously want to hurt that dude.
He never said his girl was a koala with clamydia. He implied Bisping screws animals.

If I call a guy a pigfucker, and I have, that doesn't mean I'm calling his wife a pig.

Seriously though Bisping was a bit of a moron last night the knee was stupid and could have cost him the fight and he let his emotions get the better of him. But seriously i think there is still a lot of fight politics going on. Who saw him spit apart from Rivera's corner? No-one, don't you think the ref or someone else octagon side would have seen it, suspicious if you ask me.
Cage side press seems to have seen it...

Following the fight’s finish, the Wolfslair Academy product spat at the American corner and verbally taunted Rivera before eventually embracing the man he had just battered.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Bisping-Illegal-Knee-Certainly-Wasnt-On-Purpose-30457

Bisping immediately rushes to and appears to spit at Rivera’s corner, and then comes back toward Rivera, who is still on the ground.
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UFC-127-Results-amp-Live-Play-by-Play-30295

And then there's Michael Bisping:

"No, not at all. I was spitting on the floor to let him know what I thought of him," Bisping told MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani in a UFC 127 post-fight interview. "I apologized for that, and I never want to act like that."
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/02/27/bisping-denies-spitting-on-cornermen-riveras-team-wants-suspen/?synd=1

So, he totally did spit... it's just what he was aiming at that he denies.

Also i do find it very hypocritical when people are acting like Bisping is the scum of the earth when they have the likes of Nick Diaz and Sonnen in their sigs... Mouthing off after a fight isn't ok but starting a brawl and trying to beat the shit out of someone is (when it wasn't even your fight!) I guess it's ok for Diaz cos he has a US passport though.
I concur that both the Diaz brothers and Sonnen are douches. But please, enough with 'Bisping only gets hate because he's British.' talk. The vast majority give him hate because of his actions.

#47 ·
Does everyone who sticks up for Bisping get banned?!?

For the record, I like what Bisping did as it was built up emotion just fludding out. Some people don't like it, but if Jorge did it to Bispings corner, everyone would be crazy. None of you haters can deny that one bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.