2K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Indestructibl3 
#1 ·

or

or

wouldnt it be crazy of Gomi KO'ed George? :thumb02:

See less See more
#19 ·
Absolutely!
I posted this yesterday right after 127.
What's next for the fighters from UFC 127?! (feel free to add your opinion)

I believe it would be a perfect match-up.
Cerrone's win over Kelly was great, but Kelly's grappling is pretty bad, so in that sense it didn't say too much.
A test against Sotiropouls would be great for both fighters and really show where they are positioned in the LW div.

If the UFC can't put this fight together, for whatver reason, i would love to see Sotiropoulus vs Dunham.
But i don't think he UFC would risk having Dunham go on a 0-3 run.

I believe Cerrone - Sotiropouls is perfect at this moment!

#6 ·

The next title shot is already in place.

I say Sean Sherk in a title eliminator fight. If Edgar beats Maynard that would be a good fight for Soti. I think Soti is now only two fights away from a shot, he falls but not to far in my eyes.

#7 ·
i like sherk or bocek/henderson winner they are all great fights, stylistically soti can make an entertaining fight with anyone let alone an exciting fighter

#8 ·
Interesting rematch for Siver against Guillard. I actually would like to see Edgar vs Siver. They're both quick, about the same height, it would be a frantic pace. Definitely more exciting than Maynard I think.

BTW: I don't get it. Why does Soti have a flat belly and saggy tits...roflz!

#9 ·
I think Guillard would do a way better job against Siver then George was able to do.

I see Melvin being able to at least get 1 TD due to his size, and athleticism.

And Guillard has way better stand up with George, it would be a interesting fight, and i agree with the George vs Gomi idea

Reactions: KillerShark1985
#14 ·
not against gomi...gomi has had it rough, i want an easier fight for gomi

soti is still up there, i dont think this loss should make him drop that much, he did very well in rounds 2 and 3...though he has to work a lot on his TD

i think G-spot vs sherk makes sense...kind of...sherk ''won'' his last fight but its been a while...

or G-spot vs oliveira! that would be a sick fight:)

#15 ·
Guillard is too powerful and too good a wrestler for Sotiropolous, it would be the Siver fight all over again except I see George going to sleep. Also Guillard should be fighting someone higher up the ladder.

Dunham would be a good fight, they are quite evenly matched with Soti having the better BJJ but Dunham being a bit better everywhere else IMO. As said though making Dunham fight Soti after 2 straight losses is a bit harsh. For a guy that young and talented give him a UFC newby and let him put some wins together.

Gomi would be a great match up and the most realistic fight ranking wise. Soti might be able to pick at Gomi with shots whilst avoiding his power punches, however Gomi definitly has the power and the wrestling to cause Soti problems standing. Soti would have the advantage on the ground but I think he would have a hard time getting it there.

In summary, of the options you gave, Gomi is the most realistic and best choice IMO.

Good topic, repped.

#18 ·
Really? Okay he's on a 4-fight win-streak. He beat: Ronnys Torres (UD), Waylon Lowe (TKO), J. Stephens (Split D), Dunham (TKO) - the only real credible name is Dunham.

Guillard needs I say 2 more fights, or at least one more fight but he's gotta beat a top 10 opponent in dominating fashion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.