Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Michael Bisping: 'Jorge Rivera's cornermen were still screaming abuse at me after the

3K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Ryan1522 
#1 ·

"It just built up for so long. While they were making all these videos and bad-mouthing me, I was just focused on training and beating this guy. You know, I take my job very very seriously and I try to be a good ambassador for the sport and a good role model for my children. So I'm a little bit disappointed in myself for the antics post-fight a little bit. But, you know, the guy, his cornermen was still screaming abuse at me, calling me a motherf*cker, an a**hole, a piece of sh*t, after the fight and at my cornermen, he was still screaming obscenities there and then. And Jorge's saying it's just promotion, I'm like 'no, it wasn't promotion. Don't mock me on the Internet, you know. My son seen these, his friends at school, things like that, mocking me like that, you know.' That's not business to me, that's personal. ... No (I didn't deliberately spit at Jorge Rivera's corner), I was spitting on the floor to him to let him know what I thought of him. I apologize for that, I'd never want to act like that, and I apologize for losing my cool."​

I honestly have no problems with what Bisping did. ..
Jorge should have kept his mouth shut.
Without his 'boy friends', Jorge's not so tough. lol

See less See more
#2 ·
Word. I saw this on Ariel Helwani's channel on youtube earlier tonight.

Rivera got what was coming to him. If you talk shit, then prepare to get shit on.

I'm glad he apologized for what he did bc it wasn't sportsmanlike, but in the heat of the moment after some guy just talked shit about you for weeks on end I probably would've done something similar or more than likely worse.

#3 ·
Saying shit like u want to be a good ambassador for the sport then he goes and "Spits" on his corner men?

Not even Douche Bag Brock did that... And Mir talked some personal shit for sure.

Watch how the guy acts around people and u can tell he is a douche

#4 ·
If Bisping had made those videos, mocking Riviera, out of the blue?... and the Rivera kneed Bisping illegally before spitting on the matt in front of the cornerman?

I'm sure there would be plenty saying Bisping had it coming... and it would be true.

Man, the MMA community go mental every time a Bisping fight comes around. If he disappeared tomorrow, we would all miss him and his ridiculous bullshit.

The UFC theatre is fooking great. Long may it continue.

peace

#5 ·
If Rivera SPIT on his Corner men, u REALLY think i would of said he had it coming....

I would of said him Yelling at his corner men, and the shit talk directly after was totally a "You had it coming" moment.

Spitting is like against the law to do to someone here... Although a minor offense.

No one deserves to be spat on from shit talking to promote a fight period

#6 ·
If he spat on his corner man, I would agree. When I first saw it, I was disgusted. But, after looking at the clips, it does, to me anyway, look like Bisping was trying to spit on the mat in front of the corner man.

Hes sill an idiot. But, so is Rivera. The videos were sly and insulting... and made me laugh.

#12 ·
Michael Bisping: "I was waiting for him to get up, so I could knee him in the head. But, he was too slow, so it caught him on the ground."

Michael Bisping: "I was aiming at the mat to spit on, but I may have accidentally hit the cornerman. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Not my fault."

God save the queen.

#14 ·
I glad of what transpired, Riveira and his corner deserved it after the the shit they were talking.

#16 ·
Imagine talking all that shit only for the fighter you claim to be a powerless scrub to come in, beat the crap out of you, knee you illegally and celebrate about it, TKO you with punches you claim were weak, and then spit on your corner man.

LOL Bisping is a moron but it's actually quite funny if you think about it. He got his own back like never before, with zero class and every ounce of asshole-ness he could find.

#22 ·
You can kind of see him hock up a wad of spit and then a the mist of spit spray, he pointed to the guys and said whatever. I don't think it was an 'implied spit.'

Whatever Bisping get's to fight tougher competition and likely get KNFO by Belfort or Sonnen'd when he does. If he wins, he'll probably get a title shot, his dreams come true. war bisping.

#23 ·
Bisping is complete scum, I actually sympathise with Rivera because he didn't even put anything offensive in those videos.

But I still can't help but laugh about the whole thing. How stupid Rivera looks. How unsportsman and horrid Bisping is. How Finney got spat on.

Big LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.