MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hypothectical Bisping Vs. Belfort, 2 part question

View Single Post

Old 02-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
BWoods
Great Googly Moogly!

BWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level nowBWoods is on another level now
The UFC has been trying to, undeservedly, work him into the title picture for a long time now. He really has been thrust into it by not his own abilities, but by the amount of interest he can generate in he fight.

I think if he does fight Belfort he'll probably be given one of those "if you win then you get a title shot but not the other guy" deals. Belfort probably needs another two fights with impressive finishes to be able to get back to the title, even then I almost doubt he could get back because he can't create the emotional response that Bisping can in fans. People want to watch Bisping fights because he's a polarizing figure, you either want to see him win or get his face smashed, regardless of which people want to see him.

I guarantee that if Bisping gets a title shot it will be in Manchester.
BWoods is offline   Reply With Quote