MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Coach Tells Evans He Should Be Willing to Fight Jones

View Single Post

Old 03-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
ACTAFOOL
Lightweight

ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
limba I like reading your posts but you're a typical biased nutthugger. It's cool, everyone's biased when it comes to their favourite fighters and JBJ is your case.

Doesn't really matter how long Rashad was at the front of the queue, you're not the one who claims to be his buddy who you've sworn not to fight. The point is they have this agreement so they needed to stay well clear of each other. Bones has a HUGE career ahead of him, it's not like he's beat a top contender and is literally knocking at the door. He beat Ryan Bader, he's stepping up to fill the gap but at the same time it's putting a massive block on Rashad's career at LHW if he wins.

I'm not saying Rashad should have kept his place in line even, or that Jones doesn't deserve a shot. I'm saying given the circumstances, given how Jones and Rashad are claiming to be too close to fight, they should also be too close to step on each others toes when it isn't really necessary.

I respect that Jones is taking his chance and more power to him for stepping up, but reality is he's stepping on Rashad at the same time. I'm not even a fan of either of these guys so I really don't care, I'm calling it how I see it. These guys have created this situation by making this agreement not to fight, and now Rashad might never get another chance to fight for the title again.

If I was in Jones' shoes, if I was that good and knew it, I'd stay out of the way so Rashad could have one last push. I'd know deep down Rashad would lose the title within one or two fights, and I'd know in the meantime I'd crush some fool. Then a year or 18 months later, I'll be even better, still young, still with many years of fighting ahead of me, and I'd go get the title. If the guy is really his friend, considering how good Jones is, he could have done that.

But like I said, they both created the situation and one of them has bit the dust. If Jones wins then tough.

Shogun by KO.
well shogun had to fight some1, if JBJ didnt want to fight him...who would?? there is literally no1...
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote