Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

UFC on Versus 3: Diego Sanchez vs Martin Kampmann

4K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  Nefilim777 
#1 ·
#14 ·
Diego takes the UD

Round 1 - Lots of circling early. Kampmann strikes first, but Sanchez defends. The fighter collide in the center of the cage, but neither lands. More in-and-out strikes, but neither has landed anything significant. Sanchez grabs a single leg and then puts Kampmann against the cage. Kampmann sprawls and gets free and then punishes Sanchez with a quick knee from the clinch. Sanchez moves in and is briefly dropped by a punch. Kampmann holds a loose guillotine and looks for knees. Sanchez defends and then breaks away as the crowd cheers their efforts. Sanchez's bottom lip looks split. The fighters collide in the center, and Sanchez looks for the clinch before trying for a takedown that come sup short. After resetting, Kampmann has success with some combos. Sanchez telegraphs and misses a takedown and whiffs on a knee on the way up. Sanchez lands a nice combo of body shots. Kampmann connects on a solid jab and then resets. Sanchez shoots again and puts Kampmann against the cage. Kampmann fends off the takedown and escapes. Sanchez moves in and eats a punch before the first round ends. It's all Kampmann, who takes it 10-9.

Round 2 - Sanchez shoots again, and he fails again. He immediately tries again, and Kampmann puts his back against the cage to stay upright. Sanchez resets. Kampmann works a jab and lands a right when they collide. Sanchez wings a quick combo, and a punch gets through. Sanchez, though, is bleeding badly from the mouth. Kampmann lands a solid right and then takes a counter shot. Kampmann lands a left and looks to shoot, but he's too slow, and Kampmann pops him with knees. Sanchez tries again for a takedown, but he's far short. Sanchez shoots again and drops to his knees trying to get the drag-takedown, but Kampmann shoves him away. Kampmann's jab is looking sharp as Sanchez closes the distance. A firefight erupts against the cage. Both land some solid shots before wisely resetting. Kampmann, now, is bleeding from near his eye. Sanchez whiffs badly on a high kick. He swings wild again, and Kampmann counters. The fighters trade hooks in the center of the cage, and Sanchez lands a nice right. Kampmann returns fire. Sanchez shoots for a single leg, and Kampmann pops him with a knee. A firefight ends the round, and Sanchez landed a solid shot in the mix that may have rocked Kampmann. Still, the round belongs to Kampmann, 10-9.

Round 3 - Kampmann works the jab early. Sanchez moves in but eats another. Again, Kampmann counters the advance with a right. Sanchez shoots for a single leg, but Kampmann defends and tags him with a knee before resetting. Sanchez moves in and lands a solid right. Kampmann shakes it off and then sidesteps out of Sanchez's next blows. Kampmann returns to the jab. Sanchez shoots again, and once again, he's easily stuffed. The fighters trade in the center, and each is taking some shots. Sanchez shoots again and finally gets a takedown after wrapping up the hips. Kampmann quickly fights his way back to his feet, though. Each circles looking for an opening. Sanchez's shots are coming up short despite their frequency. Kampmann counters with a right, and Sanchez finally connects on some solid shots. Kampmann shakes it off, but once against the cage, he eats more punches. He wisely circles off. Kampmann connects on a right, and Sanchez's cheek explodes into a bloody. He goes headhunting in the final seconds, but Kampmann avoids easily. It's a close final round, but MMAjunkie.com scores it 10-9 for Sanchez and 29-28 overall for Kampmann. Diego Sanchez def. Martin Kampmann via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
http://mmajunkie.com/news/22676/ufc-on-versus-3-play-by-play-and-live-results.mma

#20 ·
Man I feel sorry for Kampmann...

The final CompuStrike numbers: Kampmann more than doubled Sanchez's output overall (97-45) and had a clear edge in power strikes (50-39).
I just saw the fight and had it crystal clear 29-28 for Kampmann. Stuffing takedowns are also octagon controll, the more I think about it the more silly the decision seems to me. Well guess thats the nature of the game. Atleast they were better then the Australian judges this weekend.

#21 ·
Man I feel sorry for Kampmann...

I just saw the fight and had it crystal clear 29-28 for Kampmann. Stuffing takedowns are also octagon controll, the more I think about it the more silly the decision seems to me. Well guess thats the nature of the game. Atleast they were better then the Australian judges this weekend.
Not only that, but did you see Diego's face? That should have told the whole story! Diego was clever in that he started swinging for the fences and looked like the agressor, but Kampmann was by far the winner IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.