Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Strikeforce Pick 'em: Feijao vs Henderson

17K views 260 replies 28 participants last post by  kantowrestler 
#1 ·
This is a signup thread for anybody that wants to compete picking fights on the next Strikeforce card. This Strikeforce event takes place in two weeks, Saturday Mar. 5th at 7:30 PM EST. The main event is the LHW title fight between Rafael Cavalcante and Dan Henderson from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, OH, USA.

Anybody who likes Strikeforce can sign up, even if they have not played so far. Details on how to pick are below, same format used for UFC events in CPL. Send a pick for every fight on the main card, and for two of the fights on the preliminary card.

The scheduled fights include:

MAIN CARD

Rafael Cavalcante vs. Dan Henderson
Marloes Coenen vs. Liz Carmouche
Tim Kennedy vs. Melvin Manhoef
Billy Evangelista vs. Jorge Masvidal

PRELIMINARY CARD

Roger Bowling vs. Josh Thornburg
Billy Vaughan vs. Jorge Gurgel
Jason "Jay" Freeman vs. Jason Riley
Ian Rammel vs. Brian Rogers
Marc Cofer vs. Mitch Whitesel
J.P. Felty vs. John Kuhner
You can send picks whenever confident with the fights. The picks should only be pm'd once unless they add, drop or change a fight on the main card. The offcial card can be seen HERE. If someone signs up and fails to send their picks, they lose their matchup and won't be cleared to fight at the next event. The deadline to send picks is when the Strikeforce event begins, approx. 7:30 PM EST in the US.

On how to pick fights:

Select the correct fighter: 10 points
Select the correct method of win: 5 points
Method includes Submission, KO/TKO and Decision.
Select the correct round of win: 3 points
If you select the fight to end by decision then you must choose either unanimous, split or majority instead of a round.

In addition you can earn bonus points for EACH fight by putting the fights in order from your most confident pick to your least confident when you PM them. If there are 10 fights on the card then your most confident pick could earn you an extra 10 points if you get it correct.

Main Event Results pg. 20

hixxy (3-0) vs Intermission (2-0)

Main Card

420atalon (2-1) vs kantowrestler (2-1)
Ruckus (2-1) vs Machida Karate (2-1)
KillerShark1985 (1-1) vs BobbyCooper (1-2)
Bknmax (2-1) vs KillingRoad89 (1-0)
Couchwarrior (1-2) vs BWoods (0-0)

Under Card

UFC_OWNS (0-2) vs dudeabides (0-3)
attention (1-1) vs guam68 (0-2)
pipe (1-1) vs limba (1-2)
Big_Charm (1-0) vs McKeever (0-0)
Toxic (0-1) vs Life B Ez (0-0)
Ape City (1-0) vs Rauno (1-2)

Since hixxy signed up, this belt will be on the line:

The ranks are listed below, and the names in bold have signed up for this event, blue have sent picks:

Champ: 3-0 hixxy 299 pts.

1. 2-0 Intermission 283 pts.
2. 2-1 420atalon 318 pts.
3. 2-1 kantowrestler 269 pts.
4. 2-1 Ruckus 257 pts.
5. 2-1 Bknmax 241 pts.
6. 2-1 Machida Karate 221 pts.
7. 1-0 Syxx Paq 179 pts.
8. 1-0 xeberus 171 pts.
9. 1-0 SpoKen 156 pts.
10. 1-0 Big_Charm 49 pts.
10. 1-0 (TIE) Ape City 49 pts.
12. 1-0 KillingRoad89 48 pts.
13. 1-1 sillywillybubba 242 pts.
14. 1-1 attention 210 pts.
15. 1-1 pipe 193 pts.
16. 1-1 KillerShark1985 84 pts.
17. 1-2 Couchwarrior 325 pts.
18. 1-2 BobbyCooper 273 pts.
19. 1-2 Rauno 231 pts.
20. 1-2 limba 213 pts.
21. 0-1 MagiK11 193 pts.
22. 0-1 KryOnicle 157 pts.
23. 0-1 HitOrGetHit 126 pts.
24. 0-1 AlphaDawg 42 pts.
25. 0-1 Toxic 25 pts.
26. 0-2 guam68 175 pts.
27. 0-2 UFC_OWNS 93 pts.
28. 0-3 dudeabides 258 pts.
new: 0-0 BWoods 0 pts.
new: 0-0 McKeever 0 pts.
new: 0-0 Life B Ez 0 pts.
new: 0-0 Dan9 0 pts.

Thanks for signing up everybody, picks due Mar. 5th by 7:30 PM Eastern. Any questions, just ask!

See less See more
#201 ·
I have a few humble things to say: First I'm sorry I reneged on our match MK and I wish you luck in your next match, whether it's for the title or whether it's a title shot. Second, 420 if you have your title shot then good luck and good match. Third, Ruckus since we both lost you want to have a match on the next card? (which is on my 23rd birthday by the way)

#239 ·
Third, Ruckus since we both lost you want to have a match on the next card? (which is on my 23rd birthday by the way)
No doubt kanto, its only logical. Although I'd hate to whoop your arse on your birthday and all.

...but im glad i got to have my revenge match on Ruckus and show i only lost my 1 loss because the rules were a pure guessing game.

I should be undefeated but im not a good guesser lol....
If it was a guessing game it was for everyone, don't be a Tito with the excuses. We're 1 and 1 in SF and are bound to meet up again. Hopefully you'll have the belt than so I can take that from you along with all the excuses. Good fight though man, got me with the main event and solid calls in the decisions.

#207 ·
All I Do is win win win no matter what
got money on mind i can never get enough
and everytime I step up in the building
everybody hands go up
and they stay there
and they say yeah
and they stay there
Up down, up down
cause all I do is win win win
and if you goin’ in put your hands in the air..

#224 · (Edited)
Yeah, this was my second Pick Em' and they have both been extremely close bouts :)

Edit- I looked at your picks and we had similar views. I guess Henderson did show why he's the champ...

Reactions: Mckeever
#223 ·
WWWooooo :thumb02: my first ever KOTN Award!!!

I thought Hendo would finish it even earlier.. but the beginning of the third is still early^^

Also Masvidal is a hell of a fighter! Can't believe he has been in the shadows for such a long time. No surprise that Daley was shouting for Takedowns in there fight.

How about KJ Noons vs. Masvidal :D

or just give the kid a fight with Josh Thomson :thumbsup: even though I see this as a 50/50 battle!

#232 ·
+1 Rauno :)

My heart told me Henderson would win, he's an absolute beast... however, my betting side said go for Cavalcante.

I guess my gut instinct told me that he wasn't ready for Henderson. I need 1-2 more straight victories then i'll be asking for a title shot ala Jones :thumb02:

Reactions: Rauno
#245 ·
Yeah because of the first SF Pickem where everyone guessed

And like i said he had his shot and ive been scoring at the highest ever since he lost it.

Dont Ignore my posts HIXXY Dont be Scurd! :angry02:

#246 ·
Im not ignoring your posts young one, im just observing things from afar. 420 hasnt mentioned having another title shot, and you young Machida are obssessed by one, so you got it, ill defend my title against you at Diaz v Daley!

#251 ·
Pff our scores compared in the last two fights already proved enough, lets do this Hixxy! And stay fresh on the UFC PIckem because im calling you out after i take care of Inkdot and the TOunry champ

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.