MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Was [blank] Robbed? Spoiler!

View Single Post

Old 03-04-2011, 12:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
Canadian Psycho
You're Welcome.

Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
A razor thin decision in a closely contested fight is hardly a robbery, though I suspected we'd see talk of such. I'll not go over my breakdown for a 50th time, but I will say this... Martin was clearly the more technical fighter, but he obviously folded mentally when Diego got in his face, as he allowed himself to be bullied about and pushed back. It was fairly obvious by the end that he had more of an interest in back peddling while Diego rushed forward, and that obviously weighs on the judges.

People should also be thanking Diego for creating those wild exchanges, because you'd think that is precisely what today's modern MMA fan wants to see. Someone fights on the ground, and it's boring. Someone creates an opportunity for an exciting exchange, and it's purely aesthetic and shouldn't count for anything. Let's take a stance, people.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote