MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Munoz Vs Paul Harris

View Single Post

Old 03-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
ACTAFOOL
Lightweight

ACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level nowACTAFOOL is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
LOL Kneebar or heel hook...what would you preffer?!

Fact! Palhares is scary! Him vs Maia would be EPIC, but i don't think it will happen, unless it's for the title or a number 1 contender's fight.

As for him dropping down. I honeslty don't know. It's a subject that has been discussed on MMAF and other forums about a lot of fighters: Evans dropping to MW, Cro Cop dropping to LHW, Maia to WW...
As far as i'm concerned, if one fighter drops down a weight class and makes that division much more interesting -
But not if the weight cut affect his performance in any way. (Like Irvin dropping to MW - i don't wanna see something like that ever again!
You are right, Palhares has a lot of muscles on his frame, especially the uper area - his back, his arms, his shoulders - and those muscles offer him strength/power, wich he needs for his submissions. Losing a lot of muscles results in losing strength. I know the feeling.
He can't afford it, imo.

Huge back:

Huge arms:

I believe he belongs at MW and could make a run for the belt later this year or beggining of next year. Depending how things work out in the division and what the UFC's plans for him are.
god damn! you know hes huge but looking at these pics...holy...henderson looks like a kid next to him...how this man doesnt gass just walking to the octagon is incredible!

i really dont see how you can escape a sub from this monster...he might be the true jacare......i really hate how stupid he was in the marquardt fight...i think that was his fight to lose, or maybe we are hyping him too much

but a guy with a ground game so dangerous deserves the hype!
ACTAFOOL is offline   Reply With Quote