MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Are kicks important in MMA?

View Single Post

Old 03-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
North
Amatuer

North will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enoughNorth will become famous soon enough
I'm a little late, but yeah. Some kicks are more important/useful than others, mind you. A good front kick can feel like getting jabbed with a spear or something, as it's got just as much or more power than a punch, and about 50% more reach than a straight punch. A good roundhouse kick is like getting blasted with a baseball bat. Then you get into things like crescent kicks or axe kicks, where the risk to reward ratio starts to drop drastically (in MMA/street).

Jardine pillaged Liddell with kicks to the body and (I think?) legs. I think that's another good example of the viability of kicks.

Not to be offensive to you or your teacher, but it could just be that you're a better takedown artist than your teacher is a kicker.
North is offline   Reply With Quote