MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Revolving title = Excitment and intrigue

View Single Post

Old 03-07-2011, 04:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Liddellianenko
KO artist

Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACTAFOOL View Post
BS... the other divisions are the ones who lack true elite of the elite fighters IMO

shogun could be one if it wasnt for his knee..or maybe JBJ will be one

i dont think its fun when the belt is like hot potato, because that just means that the vitory wasnt that impressive, its not impressive to be champ and lose it in your next fight, the LHW belt is in need of a dominant champ to bring that value back

BJ made the LW belt matter, and frankie is keeping it strong for now

the FW belt matters, WW belt, MW belt...but the LHW belt? who cares whos champ, by the next defense we will have a new one, its a fun division because of the fighters, but lacking a dominant champ kinda takes away the meaning of being a champ

theres that saying that you're only truly a champion once you defend your belt..
This. You can tell how "deep" the LHW division is when the champ from a lower weight class DESTROYS the guy who held the belt 8 months back and makes him run crying from the octagon without landing so much as a punch. I know it's Anderson, but if the division were so stacked it's ex champs with their weight advantage could offer much tougher fights.

IMO the only exceptional fighters in the LHW division are Jones and Davis. The rest only look good because contrary to perception their competition in the LHW division is actually quite weak, with mostly poor technique brawlers and LnP wrestlers (except the two I mentioned).

Same with LW. Weak champs in a weak division that only looks great because all the guys are basically elitish mid-tiers. This is why their champ can't just climb up and destroy ex-champs and contenders in the other divs. Heck, I doubt edgar could even win if he dropped to FW and fought Aldo.

So personally I don't like revolving door belts. It generally shows a weakish division, not a shark tank as people like to assume. But I think that era will soon end in LHW with Jones or eventually Davis.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote