MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Stephan Bonnar: Your guess is as good as mine.

View Single Post

Old 03-09-2011, 05:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Stephan Bonnar: Your guess is as good as mine.

Quote:
In the time since Stephan Bonnar scored a decision victory over Igor Pokrajac, the defeated Croatian has already fought and picked up a victory.

Bonnar, meanwhile, hasn't even been booked for a fight.

But "The American Psycho," a fan favorite and six-year UFC vet, today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he expects to return in June and July, and he's got some big names on his wish list.

"You always like a big name," said Bonnar, who's kept busy with broadcasting gigs, business ventures and some injury-recovery time since his most recent fight. "I was hinting toward someone like (Rich) Franklin or (Forrest) Griffin again ... or maybe (Ryan) Bader or even Tito Ortiz."

Admittedly, though, nothing is official.

"Your guess is as good as mine," he said of his next fight.

With Griffin's recent win over Franklin – and with Bonnar's back-to-back victories – there's been some buzz for a third meeting between the two fighters. The first fight, of course, is the stuff of legend. In the live finale of "The Ultimate Fighter 1" – and in a fight UFC president Dana White calls the most important in MMA history – Griffin narrowly edged Bonnar in an epic slugfest that propelled MMA and the UFC into the mainstream. The rematch took place a year later, and Griffin reigned supreme in a bit more dominant fashion.

Bonnar wants a third meeting with Griffin. But he feels the same way about any big-name fight.

"It's a big draw," Bonnar said of his fights with Griffin. "I want to fight someone that fans want to watch. I want to be on the big stage. ... As a fighter, that's what you want."

Bonnar said his recent break from fighting has been good for him.

"I got a chance to heal," said Bonnar, who did some broadcasting work at UFC on Versus 3 this past week. "But on top of that, really, you want to develop the other parts of your life. I hate to say it, but just fighting ... and going back to the gym is kind of depressing.

"I think it's important to develop the other parts of your life."

He said a little distance and perspective is just what he needed to get fired up for a return.

"Now I'm kind of hungry to get back in there and fight again," he said.
Enjoy