MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ryan Bader wants to bounce back from his loss to Jon Jones

View Single Post

Old 03-09-2011, 07:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
TanyaJade
Middleweight

TanyaJade Is Future HOF MaterialTanyaJade Is Future HOF MaterialTanyaJade Is Future HOF MaterialTanyaJade Is Future HOF MaterialTanyaJade Is Future HOF MaterialTanyaJade Is Future HOF MaterialTanyaJade Is Future HOF MaterialTanyaJade Is Future HOF MaterialTanyaJade Is Future HOF MaterialTanyaJade Is Future HOF MaterialTanyaJade Is Future HOF Material
I have never been impressed with Bader.

I DO think he is UFC caliber, but I don't think he can hang with the top 5, or even top 8 of the division. He might be able to hang in there with fading stars of the golden age like Griffin, Franklin, Hamill, Tito, Lil' Nog, Bonnar & Matyushenko, but he will get demolished by any LHW contender.

People were so blown away by Bader during his season on the Ultimate Fighter, which was one of the most limited talent pools of all the seasons we've ever seen. Like I said, I think Bader is UFC caliber, and it was evident on the show that the majority of the other contestants were not as much.

I think that if Bader wants to improve his game, he needs to switch camps. He's looked the same in every one of his fights, and has made no significant improvement in really any facet of him game. He relies on his sloppy, but powerful standup and the threat his wrestling. He needs to develop more tools, and round out his game.

Rich Franklin - Holly Holm - Carlos Condit - Andrei Arlovski
Credit to Spite for the sig!
TanyaJade is offline   Reply With Quote