MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Which is the Better Card? 129 or 130

View Single Post

Old 03-10-2011, 03:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Liddellianenko
KO artist

Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
130 by far, except for the main event.

On 129, besides the main event, all the other fights are either one sided, big names with losing streaks, or complete minnows.

130 is packed with fighters all of which are on hot streaks and very relevant to their divisions, with close fights to call. I mean Mir/Nelson, Stann/Santiago, Struve/Browne, Jackson/Hamill are all contender deciders.

Whereas 129 has Matyushenko Brilz which is fairly low on the relevancy scale to the title picture and probably a boring fight to boot. Watching Aldo tool guys is fun but Hominick is like zero threat to him. And Bocek/Bendo might have had some meaning in the WEC, but in the UFC's packed LW division these guys are years away from the title picture.

Not that I'm complaining, both are good solid cards with their share of entertaining figthers and I do love GSP clinics, I just think 130 is way better overall.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote