MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - relaxing after MMA : I can't sleep

View Single Post

Old 03-10-2011, 06:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
luger0
Flyweight

luger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of lightluger0 is a glorious beacon of light
The one thing I find that helps me after an exhausting day in the gym or an 8-hour day is to draw up a bath.

This may sound like a wive's tale but it seriously helps.

For me it takes 20-30 minutes before the tub is completely full,I'll run cool water for 2-5 minutes so it is bearable to sit in.

Once and awhile I will have some dish-rags or cloth to wipe off the sweat that pours off of me. It'll take 5-10 minutes before you will be dripping with sweat from your chest,head,arms,neck,shoulders.

I like to put a board over the tub and take a book in and read for 20-25 minutes while I'm in what I like to call my "sauna-bath"

It is comparable to sitting in a regular sauna. The loss of water will drain your energy to a degree, but it is very therapeutic for me to soak off the pain in warm water.

Throughout life there are bumps along the way some may be painful...others not...who gives a damn in the end you'll still die
luger0 is offline   Reply With Quote