MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Mark Munoz Draws Demian Maia at UFC 131 in Vancouver

View Single Post

Old 03-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
endersshadow
Flyweight

endersshadow is a name known to allendersshadow is a name known to allendersshadow is a name known to allendersshadow is a name known to allendersshadow is a name known to allendersshadow is a name known to allendersshadow is a name known to allendersshadow is a name known to allendersshadow is a name known to allendersshadow is a name known to allendersshadow is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Agree.

But I like this fight. But if he wants to Munoz SHOULD be able to keep it standing.
I disagree. I think Maia is not only an expert at BJJ, but he's an expert at grappling. If he gets a hold of you, you're doing down. The outstanding wrestler in Sonnen got taken down with ease. Dan Miller also fell victim to Maia's superior take downs.

I think the only kind of person to avoid getting taken down is an elusive fighter (Silva) or the one hit wonder (Marquardt).

I do think Maia's chin is questionable... but I think Maia's going to get this to the ground one way or another. Whether he takes Munoz down or Munoz "stuns" Maia and jumps on top of him.
endersshadow is offline   Reply With Quote