MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones: I'm 'Too Big, Too Fast, Too New School' for Shogun Rua

View Single Post

Old 03-14-2011, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
Soojooko
of Nazareth

Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Watching that clip, I'm starting to get the feeling that Bones is getting over confident. He refers to himself as some kind of prototype. As does the hype behind him. I mean, he is very impressive. He may go on to actually crush Rua. Who knows? But, if he loses, I'm not quite sure how he'll handle it when he looks back at all the confident talk. Remember how BJ Penn completely changed after the second GSP fight? The dude never spoke about himself in the same way again.

His last line about "being a breath of fresh air that he cant handle". The look in his eye was mighty smug. If he turns out to be an unbeatable monster... then it'll all make sense! Hell, I'll enjoy it every step of the way! But if not? He better hope he has the mental tools to deal with it.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote