MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - I Need More Power!

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2006, 07:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
I'm a submission fighter, so my expertise is kind of limited, but here's my suggestions:

1) do core strength training (focussing less on the arms is important because the core muscles are much easier to develop)

2) train in hand speed drills, but start with smaller combinations and get your entire body a feel for them (as your muscles develop the power of the small combination will increase exponentially)

3) work on the big one-punch (in MMA the really great brawlers don't finish fights with combinations, they do it by landing one punch in an opening)

4) train to throw punches from the hips and legs (mot guys only focus on the upper body with striking, but grounding the lower body and using all of your muscles is much more important)

5) if you are training for MMA, practice leg kicks and knees (many more KO's come from kicks than from punches)

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote