Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sokoudjou vs. Ricardo Arona

9K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  KTs_2007 
#1 ·
The African Assassin KO'd one of the top Middleweights on the Pride roster in just 23 seconds of the 1st round. Many believed that this was a fluke and that Lil' Nog has what it takes to beat him in a rematch but that's going to have to wait. Sokoudjou wants the best and he is getting it, Ricardo Arona, another top Middleweight from Brazil looks to prove that Sokoudjou's fight against Nogueira was a fluke. This fight will be live from Tokyo, Japan.

#16 ·
they were 3/1 for sokoudjou and 2/1 for Arona.. and there was at least 500 000 on Arona already(from Kameleon, who i suppose made the thread). Not sure if Punishment bet before or after the odds changed, but i was planning on betting on this fight, and now its all changed..

#17 ·
Split said:
they were 3/1 for sokoudjou and 2/1 for Arona.. and there was at least 500 000 on Arona already(from Kameleon, who i suppose made the thread). Not sure if Punishment bet before or after the odds changed, but i was planning on betting on this fight, and now its all changed..
I can still see Kam's points on there for Arona. 3/1 for Sokoudjou would be nice:D

#18 ·
thats my point.. If you bet expecting 2/1 and u get 1/1, u probably would not bet the same amount or bet at all. Its a good thing i waited to bet.. but i just find it very annoying. In the UFC vbookie, they get mad odds(Cro cop gets 2/1 vs sanchez!) and they dont change it, not to mention they put all the fights availaible to bet on, even the crappiest fighters, and we dont even get to bet on fighters like zelg or aoki..

and 3/1 on sokoudjou is nice, but 2/1 on Arona is better :cheeky4:

#21 ·
Split said:
this is not related at all, but how do you make an avatar like urs cabby?
It's an animated .gif. There are several ways to do it. There is probably a program that can take a video clip and converts it to an animated .gif (I know there is mplayer can do it under Linux and since mplayer is also available for Windows, I would imagine it can do it under Windows too), also you can create it yourself by going frame by frame in an image editing program(gimp for me, probably photoshop for you... I'm assuming you're on Windows).

Also, when did the odds change? I voted on Sokoudjou a LONG time ago and it was 2/1, 1/1 and more recently and it was still 2/1, 1/1.

#24 ·
cabby said:
He just beat Lil Nog and looked very impressive. Dudes got some fast kicks.
I saw that bout and it's not as if he beat Lil Nog to the punch/kick all night long, that would be impressive. I just thought that people had more to go on before jumping on his band wagon. I just watched Teixeira KO Sokoudjou on youtube, he didn't look so good. His kicks were there, but they weren't that effective. Is there more to go on then the classic 'flash in the pan' that we saw against Lil Nog?

#25 ·
brief said:
I saw that bout and it's not as if he beat Lil Nog to the punch/kick all night long, that would be impressive. I just thought that people had more to go on before jumping on his band wagon. I just watched Teixeira KO Sokoudjou on youtube, he didn't look so good. His kicks were there, but they weren't that effective. Is there more to go on then the classic 'flash in the pan' that we saw against Lil Nog?
I agree, but what is life without taking some chances? I don't like going the "safe route" every time. That's why I'm jumping on his bandwagon before we know for sure (actually I hopped on a LONG time ago). If he loses I will have egg on my face(not to mention an Arona avatar and a new sig.). If he wins I'll look like a champion.:thumbsup:

#26 ·
sirdilznik said:
I agree, but what is life without taking some chances? I don't like going the "safe route" every time. That's why I'm jumping on his bandwagon before we know for sure (actually I hopped on a LONG time ago). If he loses I will have egg on my face(not to mention an Arona avatar and a new sig.). If he wins I'll look like a champion.:thumbsup:
Fair enough. But I've only made one bet and I lost, so I'm looking at this differently.:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.