MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What do you guys think of amateur titles?

View Single Post

Old 03-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Kin
MMA fighter

Kin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By AllKin Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze145 View Post
amateur titles show reward for ammy fighters and give you something to work for in the organizations you fight for. They have gotten pretty watered down though but the idea is def good especially for promotions who put on primarily amateur bouts. Helps you get sponsors, and more money for your initial pro bouts.
Around here I feel like it's already getting watered down even though its only existed for a couple of months. 1 promotion did it and now every other promotion is talking about setting them up.

Btw in your area, what would you say is the average number of fights that an ammy takes before going pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawndo View Post
I think they are great, they give people that extra competitive incentive, show a reward, something to work hard and aim for and give you extra motivation and push.
true that

Support my FB athlete page!

Watch my 5th pro fight here

Watch my "Bare Knuckle" Boxing match here

Kin is offline   Reply With Quote