MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad and Jones beef heating up.

View Single Post

Old 03-16-2011, 10:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
js9234
Featherweight

js9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud ofjs9234 has much to be proud of
I don't think it's about money. I remember an interview with Jackson a couple of years ago and he said he didn't even charge his professional fighters for training and made most of his money on the regualar everyday people. I'll try and find the interview.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaVoK View Post
So it is pretty much confirmed that it is Jackson that has the policy where teammates don't fight. It has nothing to do with friendship. It has to do with money. If teammates are going to fight...especially high profile fighters one is going to leave the camp. This results in less money for Jackson and company.I agree with White when he says that MMA is not a team sport. And friends can fight each other, it has been done many times before. And more often than not they make the best and most entertaining fights. You either want the title or not.
js9234 is offline   Reply With Quote