MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nine Ways of Looking at UFC 128

View Single Post

Old 03-17-2011, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Adam365
Flyweight

Adam365 is a glorious beacon of lightAdam365 is a glorious beacon of lightAdam365 is a glorious beacon of lightAdam365 is a glorious beacon of lightAdam365 is a glorious beacon of lightAdam365 is a glorious beacon of lightAdam365 is a glorious beacon of lightAdam365 is a glorious beacon of lightAdam365 is a glorious beacon of lightAdam365 is a glorious beacon of lightAdam365 is a glorious beacon of light
I like this one the best

Quote:
VI. Can we lighten up on all the tired parallels between Jon Jones in 2011 and "Shogun" Rua in 2005? I get it: Rua was 23 when he won the Pride Grand Prix, just like Jones is 23 now. That's called a coincidence. They're still completely different fighters with completely different backgrounds and their big respective breaks have come in completely different situations. I know how much we all love the whole 'old lion vs. young lion' storyline in this sport, but this is not one of those fights. And you know what else? It doesn't need to be. You've got a 29-year-old champ coming off an injury layoff to fight a phenom with a full head of steam. Isn't that interesting enough without some overly simplistic narrative forced in there?
It seems people don't realize Shogun is only 29.
Adam365 is offline   Reply With Quote