Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

forget GSP (128 spoilers)

3K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  marcthegame 
#1 ·
give Anderson JBJ, that's a superfight.

#6 ·
he just beat shogun and it's clear he will completely outclass everyone else now. I didn't believe in Jones before but he manhandled the champ.. Machida, Evans, Rampage will all get pushed around. I say give him Silva before Silva retires. Who realistically has a chance against JBJ and his size advantage?

#7 ·
I really thought cardio was going to be the huge issue in this fight. But I think it really came down to Jones landing some really devastating strikes in the second and third, both standing and on the ground.

Shogun was wobbled so many times. Jones strikes were just so fast and powerful.

#12 ·
wow, yeh after the bader fight i decided this was the fight i wanted to see the most. and i convinced myself silva would win, after the shogun fight, i fear for anderson in this one

and anderson is my man, the guy that really got me excited about the sport

i do think anderson would have the best chance of anyone, but thats probly not a big call

#13 ·
Sonnen dominated Silva. Jones has better standup than Sonnen by far and he rocked Silva a couple of times.
His wrestling should be about even to Sonnens and thats the weakpoint of AS. Jones will not be submitted by Silva like Chael. I dont need to see that fight to know who would win it.
Let Jones move up to heavyweight now so he can destroy some guys his own size:thumb02:
Seriously nobody will beat Jones at LHW. He will dominate like GSP did/does.

#22 ·
it's definitely possible that anderson would have an answer for jbj's weird striking, but that reach advantage is the issue. shogun couldn't even get close to jbj without getting drilled.

all that said, i would be pulling for anderson, but i still think jbj would win.

#24 ·
silva likes getting punch, he does not go after u he waits for you to strike. then he dances and goes in for the kill. Remember even before the jones hype people had silva beating shogun. Plus silva does has a great body structure to match jones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.