MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones: I'm 'Too Big, Too Fast, Too New School' for Shogun Rua

View Single Post

Old 03-20-2011, 05:18 AM   #46 (permalink)
Liddellianenko
KO artist

Liddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLiddellianenko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by f4rtknock3r View Post
I hope all the "hype is true" fans will have a tissue ready when shogun wakes up jones.
Can I lend you a tissue? Maybe a side of reality with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
Yeah I tend to agree. I do however always remember that Bones is just trying to hype the fight, so not gona shoot him down for that, but it does seem like he's over confident has believes his own hype as much as anyone else.

I think he's in for a shocking ass whoopin. The good thing for him and his coaches is they can put it down to what realistically is the case - he's too inexperienced and technically weak to beat Shogun, the title shot came too early and he has years to improve. Once they realise that his athleticism and unorthodox style will only be enough against mid tiers, they will know the hard work is still to come. Guys like Shogun will light Bones up.

Honestly I think wherever this fight goes Shogun is going to show what being the best 205'er really means. When the skill level gets to a certain height, and I made this point in another thread, athleticism is squashed unless it's backed up with a similar level of skill. Check Rumble, Lesnar and so on. These guys can make a mid tier look like a small child but once they get in there with a Kos or a Cain, they get exposed.

Even if Bones takes Shogun down which he'll try desperately to do when Shogun goes berserker on him, he'll be having subs and sweeps coming from all over and I bet he'll get dominated on the ground too. If he takes Shogun down and Shogun sweeps him, he'll get finished by GnP. What's he going to be like off HIS back? Man, the Bones hype train is going to derail so bad, people never learn.

Bones isn't ready for this, I just hope for his sake he can deal with an ass whoopin and move on.
HAHHHAHHAHAHAH You're totally right, I really hope Jones can deal with the ass whoopin and move on too. It's not easy living with the guilt of raping an invalid inside the octagon.
Liddellianenko is offline   Reply With Quote