MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - wanting to start at 38

View Single Post

Old 08-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly Poet
MMA Fanatic

Deadly Poet has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
yea you see the young guys.. but look at your champions most of them are a bit older.. mid to late 20's early 30's... The male body does not reach its full potentioal until this time.. watch the MetRx strong man competitions.. they are always owned by the older guys.. not the young kids.. 23 is not too old I am 28 and if I did not have a family and responsibilities.. I'd be seriously debating competeing.. as it is.. I just enjoy the training when I get the rare chance or watching.. I got too much going to rely on something like that as I would have to train full time which would me no work.. so you need to weigh your priorities in your life.. if your single training full time is not hard as you just need a part time job to cover basic expenses. if you have a family like my self.. unless your name is chuck and command 6 fighures for a fight win or lose.. unless your better half makes good money you can not train full time and if you have kids thats even less time.. so it all boils down to your personal situation and goals.
Bas started to compete in his mid 20s and started trully training at 21...and he became a legend of MMA and known as one of the worlds best martial artists...

Its never too late to start...even if u dont get to go to por levels the training will help u phisicaly and mentally...u'll feel better and be healthier....just go out and learn...
Deadly Poet is offline   Reply With Quote