MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Obama turned politician

View Single Post

Old 03-18-2007, 01:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
WouldLuv2FightU
I eat babies

WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatista
Your argument for "majority rules" went out the window in 2000.

Do you even know why homosexuals want to have the right to marry? It seems to me like you don't. They just want the rights that a heterosexual couple receives when they marry. The simple thing to do is to remove marriage from the state (it shouldn't have had anything to do with the state to begin with) and remove the benefits from being married. And you'd have your solution.

So you're claiming that homosexuals don't deserve to get legal rights because they can't reproduce? This must mean you are against heterosexual that can't reproduce for any reason (such as low sperm count, problems with eggs, or just impotent) getting married? And what about those heterosexuals who have kids (a lot of them too) and don't do anything to support them so the kids end up at child services and are supported by tax payer dollars and when they turn 18 they will most likely commit crimes. This will happen and guess what, they take away from society but since they have different genitalia they can marry.

Prove to me that the majority of the country is against same sex marriage. I don't want a poll of 100 people surveyed at random, I don't want 1,000 people surveyed at random, I want millions of people surveyed (and several more times that). Once you can provide accurate statistics along with sources that are unbiased from the start, I'd be more likely to believe you, until then, saying that the majority are for or against something is basically hollow when it is over 300,000,000 people you're referring to.
I'll try to find one....no guarantees though. I'm being honest when I tell you I have heard several times that the majority of gays do not agree with same sex marriage. But, they never said how many were surveyed, so it might not hold much water.

But, about the other stuff. It's not like the state knows before hand that a couple who is getting married is going to neglect their child or whatnot. With gays, you already know for a fact that they will not contribute to society. And yes, sterile people should be able to get married, if they are heterosexual, because the word MARRIAGE, is by definition a legal joining of a man and a woman. So yes, just because the guy may be sterile doesn't mean he can't marry a woman.

This is actually a hard topic to debate, because I can see good points in both sides of the arguement, but I still feel that gay marriage is not only an oxymoron, but it does too much to encourage homosexuality. It is up to the state to decide if it wants to condone such behavior, that's their job. If they don't want to, nobody should judge them, and the media shouldn't harrass them and label them as 'homophobes' just because their opinion is different than their own. I have just as much right to disagree with gay marriage and gays have a right to **** whoever they want as long as the other person is willing.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote