MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Would Jon Jones survive five rounds?

View Single Post

Old 03-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Jones definitely looked tired at the end of the second against Shogun. But then again Shogun looked exhausted halfway through the first round.

That being said Jones came out with his usual aggression and overpowered exhausted Shogun in the third for the finish. I attribute the 3rd to adrenaline. It was obvious to anyone with a brain who was winning that fight. I think Jones knew in his corner before the third that it would end there. That adrenaline spike was what propelled him to victory (all IMO of course).

I think he has untested cardio. Does that mean he'll wheese like an asthmatic buffalo after 3 rounds? No. Does it mean he's some kind of cardio machine? Hell, no. No one knows what will happen when Jones goes 5 rounds.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. Thatís it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote