MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jeet Kune Do

Thread: Jeet Kune Do
View Single Post

Old 03-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyfighter View Post
yeah i read the same thing. It may confuse your opponent at best but if they know what they are doing then that method will not work.
There are situations when it works. I sometimes use them to help me to seperate myself from my opponent, but then switch back to normal striking.

I also use the vertical fist sometimes. As it's slimmer and goes in a real straight line from my center towards the target it has better chances to slip trough the opponent's guard. But because of the lesser power it has it's rather a set up to make openings for other shots like hooks.

As for Wing Chun, the closet to fighting you will find is probably this:

And those guys also often tend to abandon the pure Wing Chun techniques for caveman boxing which in the end looks like lesser skilled MMA.

This is how it looks when two Wing Chun master fight:
Voiceless is offline   Reply With Quote