MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jeet Kune Do

Thread: Jeet Kune Do
View Single Post

Old 03-29-2011, 07:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
Usually Wing Chun practicioners claim chain punches to be their main weapon in hand-to-hand tactic. In the World's largest Wing Chun organisation, the EWTO, they call it the "universal solution". I have yet to see them used in an actual fight though.
Yeah, as an actual combat strategy its kind of...stupid. But I was refering to its usefulness as a training aid with regards to MMA.

On the videos:
Sadly you see this kind of horrible fighting a lot. Guys who use a Martial Art, right up until they have to use it, and then they completely de-legitimize the Art in the eyes of its sceptics by simply existing.

The episode of Fight Quest where they profiled Wing Chun was one of the few times I've see decently good full contact Wing Chun competition, as shady looking as the whole thing did look not withstanding.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote