MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jeet Kune Do

Thread: Jeet Kune Do
View Single Post

Old 03-30-2011, 11:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
I think a lot of people don't even know the lineage of the Art. Or the concept behind it. Especially in the case of a forum dedicated to MMA (not blanketing everyone, or fingering anyone specific).
True. I've spent the last couple of years in a martial arts forum where everyone was actually a practitioner and there was a big knowledge exchange between the sub-forums of the different styles. So I somehow had to get used to that here people are rather spectators than practitioners and mainly interested in MMA only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyfighter View Post
But the vid kinda reminds me of the early Gracie propaganda vids.
Yes, Gracie propaganda was also somewhat overselfconfident, but at least they proved and still prove their style in open competitions in contrast to the Wing Chunners, where in particular the EWTO made some big claims, but never gave proof.

Last edited by Voiceless : 03-30-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Voiceless is online now   Reply With Quote