MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What will GSP's gameplan for the Jake Shields fight?

View Single Post

Old 03-30-2011, 03:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Calibretto9
Welterweight

Calibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level nowCalibretto9 is on another level now
^^ What they said. Stick and move. GSP's stand up is much farther along than Shields'. GSP will be able to jab and Superman punch the heck out of Shields until they get into the 3rd round where he'll start throwing some chopping leg kicks. I think Shields' cardio isn't on the same level as GSP so once GSP starts chopping his legs away with kicks later in the fight he'll eventually open up on the head (possible like GSP/Hughes 2) and rattle Shields. Despite how tough Shields is I'm hoping that GSP pushes himself for a finish this time around. He should have finished Hardy and KOS and he was unable to seal the deal. I'm hoping that after Shields starts wearing out that GSP gets more aggressive.
Calibretto9 is offline   Reply With Quote