Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

KZ Twister Breakdown Videos Gracies and Bravo

3K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  PheelGoodInc 
#1 · (Edited)

The Bravo one is great I am about to start watching the Rener and Ryron one now.

Edit: For the twister breakdown Eddie's is far superior but the Gracie boys video is also good for them breaking down the modified americana in the Hardy/Johnson fight which I completely missed live.

#4 ·
Such an awesome move.

I wrestled in high school and was a big time leg rider. I used to use something similar to that all the time. It is illegal to grab just the head, so I would grab the head and opposite arm with the opposite leg in. Guaranteed pin if you could get it.

I would have never thought to just grab the head. I can't wait to add that to my jitz arsenal.

Eddie Bravo is the man.

Edit: Just watched Bravo's video. I love that he talks about the source being wrestling. That was my bread and butter.

#5 ·
When he was pulling it off in the cage I was said to my buddy "I've never seen this submission before and I don't even know what it's called!"

Great to learn more about it. I loved Bravo's breakdown because he really talked about other submission you could go for from the "truck" position.

Interesting

#10 ·
You can tell he's put in a lot of hours. Didn't even know there were that many leg submissions, "crotch," "banana split"...lolz!

#25 ·
I'm over the neg rep.

Anyhow I've been doing a lot of research on this move because it is so similar to what I used to do. It's not just one move. It's a series of about 15 moves you can do including tons of set ups to and from that position.

I'm on page 50 of this book right now and loving it. I definitely recomend it to anyone who trains Jitz.

http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Twister-Jitsu-Martial-Competition/dp/0977731553

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.