Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Maynard-Edgar III

2K views 24 replies 18 participants last post by  UFC_OWNS 
#1 ·

Reactions: deadmanshand
#2 ·
Good video. That guy always makes great trailers.

It's funny seeing Maynard's amazing highlights from the fight and then you see Edgar's. At first I was like "Wow that was awesome!" but then I was like "Oh, that was sorta cool I guess."

#10 ·
This fight is going to be awesome. I can't wait their last fight was one of the best in UFC history if you ask me, I wouldn't be surprised if this one matches or surpasses it. These two are the two best in their division. I think Maynard's taking the rematch, Gray's a beast, the only guy who I think has a chance against him is Edgar but I think their third fight will belong to Maynard.

#15 ·
The first fight was pretty epic. I'll be pulling for Gray again. I think he's the better fighter and I think he won't give rounds away this time.

*Edit: Edgar better be careful though because watching that video again reminded me that Frankie had a pretty easy time of taking him down. Edgar might steal rounds away this time if Gray doesn't defend the takedown.

#18 ·
im going for gray again, i like him a lot as fighter and person and i think he is the worst matchup for everyone in the lw div

#22 ·
Frankie Edgar is the better fighter, he will win this fight. He has better stand up and what was astounding in the last fight was how he completely out wrestled "the bully".

Another thing about Edgar, the dude is actually fighting above his natural weight class, he should be fighting as a FW, yet he still beats up the bigger, stronger guys, I think thats incredible and he's earned me as a fan.

The heart he displayed in that Maynard fight was just incredible.

I cant see Maynard wobbling frankie like that again. I really want Frankie to win and I want him to finish Gray.

#24 ·
I never reallly understood how you can predict a split decision are you suggesting the fight will be that close the judges will be at logger heads or that one of the judges will be incompetent ?

I think Maynard punched himself out in the 1st round so i think again this will be a 5 round grind and the guy who wants it more will win but the later rounds will alot more even than last time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.