MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What will GSP's gameplan for the Jake Shields fight?

View Single Post

Old 03-31-2011, 12:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Sambo de Amigo
Welterweight

Sambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By AllSambo de Amigo Is Beloved By All
Alot of you guys are saying he will just strike with Shields but , Jake is much much smarter than Koscheck and will be going for takedowns every single round , Koschecks downfall was he tried to KO GSP rather than beating him at his own game. Look at the fight Josh had him down in the end of the round literally he could have tried that every round and scored atleast 2 or 3 TD's made the fight very very close. Koscheck is awful at striking i hate to say it and a broken hand didnt help , Jake is awful BUT he knows it and will stick to his bread and butter.

I believe GSP will be wary of this and will go for Takedowns to avoid being put on his back. Jake i also believe has been overated by alot of people , he has good BJJ when he is in top position but from his back i cannot see him mounting any offence.

Velasquez will be back

Sambo de Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote