MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White would 'definitely' explore an overtime round

View Single Post

Old 04-01-2011, 03:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
HexRei
I Finish Threads

HexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By AllHexRei Is Beloved By All
I think the important element of this is

Quote:
But is there any way this actually has a chance at being implemented? Would commissions honestly allow a five-round war to go to a sixth sudden death style round, just for the sake of clarity?
Currently, it is completely disallowed for a fighter to fight more than 25 minutes in a fight. They would have to amend the Unified Rules and get all the major commissions (at least NJ and NV) behind it for it to work.

I am for this idea (at least, I like to see fight finished in a definite manner) but it's not as simple as just getting Dana to agree. It took Zuffa a lot of work and a lot of money to get even the current rules implemented among the many commissions.