MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White would 'definitely' explore an overtime round

View Single Post

Old 04-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
tkoshea
Flyweight

tkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankingstkoshea Is Running Through The Rankings
Quote:
Originally Posted by drey2k View Post
They do it in K1 I don't see why not MMA.
Indivdual fights and their results do not carry as much significance in K1 as they do in UFC/MMA, thats why they can put on tournaments where fighters have to win 3 times in a single night to take the championship.

Fights lose frequently through out their K1 career and just roll on to the next fight with no major fall out, where as a loss in UFC is a major occurance and 2 in a row people begin to talk about whether or not you should be cut.

I'm not saying the over time idea is a bad one, just that K1 and UFC are quite overtly different in respect of the value of your win/loss record so just because the ruling is applied to K1 does not automatically mean it would be a good idea for the UFC (although I would personally rather see and extra round than a draw)
tkoshea is offline   Reply With Quote