MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Sit ups and push ups everyday?

View Single Post

Old 04-05-2011, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelfighter View Post
The reason most baseball catchers retire is from chronic injuries to their knees from an excessive amount of time spent in a deep squated postion,
Is that a known common problem┐ (I'm not so familiar with baseball) I know that in East-Asia people spend a lot of time sitting in a deep squatted position so they don't have to touch the ground with any other part than their feet when there are no chairs and obviously don't have these kind of problems. I tried to do that, but couldn't sit for long in this kind of position without my legs getting numb at some time. So maybe it's a matter of being used to it from childhood on.

I know though that doing squats with additional weight is something to be careful with to not damage your knees.
Voiceless is offline   Reply With Quote