MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Sit ups and push ups everyday?

View Single Post

Old 04-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
Is that a known common problem¿ (I'm not so familiar with baseball) I know that in East-Asia people spend a lot of time sitting in a deep squatted position so they don't have to touch the ground with any other part than their feet when there are no chairs and obviously don't have these kind of problems. I tried to do that, but couldn't sit for long in this kind of position without my legs getting numb at some time. So maybe it's a matter of being used to it from childhood on.

I know though that doing squats with additional weight is something to be careful with to not damage your knees.
Yeah, its pretty common among baseball catchers. Some have to have several knee surgeries during their career as a stop-gap to minimize the process that wears away at the cartillage until eventually there's none left.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote