MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - wanting to start at 38

View Single Post

Old 08-04-2006, 09:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly Poet
MMA Fanatic

Deadly Poet has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo171083
Yeah I totally agree (with the don)
Thats the problem ,I mean reality. How many of us can actually devote enough time to training whilst managing to maintain a job and the responsability being able to provide for yourself.
I work 8-6 every day and manage to get to the gym everyday for a couple of hours, I love to train but i just dont have the time!!
Obviously this may seem like a vague question, but how much do ya rekon u actually need to put in? I know theres obviously a Q of quality but would 2 hours of good training and possibly a 2 mile jog in the morning be enough?

Thats a topic which also interests me, it seem like all the top guys have been learning for ever! But i heard rich started relatively late, he was a teacher of summits want he???
remember that a lot of profecional fighters have full time jobs....only on the top level u can make a living...

Marvin Hagler, one of the greatest middleweight boxers of all time, had to work full time in construction then go to the gym for most of his carreer....If those 2 or 3 hours a day are well spent u could make it....

Rich also started formal training late and had to go to college and work as a teacher and he still made it work...

Its a matter of how much do u want it....
Deadly Poet is offline   Reply With Quote