MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strikeforce Pick 'em: Diaz vs Daley

View Single Post

Old 04-09-2011, 03:36 PM   #113 (permalink)
BobbyCooper
Banned

BobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty cornerBobbyCooper Is in the naughty corner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420atalon View Post
Physical reach yes. Diaz uses his reach much more then Daley though. Daley is a short power puncher while Diaz tries to pick his opponents apart from distance.

As for stamina. Both aren't bad but I probably would give Diaz a slight advantage. Daley cuts a lot and his punches do slow down later in fights. Diaz keeps motoring on and usually fights at a higher pace.

Still undecided on this fight, going to bet on Daley because of the odds though.
I don't know where the question about Daley's cardio is coming from Have never seen him being tired before, not even in the tough Masvidal fight. He looked the same in the third like he did in the first. Diaz looked very tired to me in the Scott Smith fight after being tagged several times by perhaps one of the worst strikers in the Sport today.

Daley is so quick, so atheltic and so powerful counter striker. He moves in with his jab and hook's just like that, you don't even see them coming. It's the ideal striking style to face somebody like Diaz who comes at you with his hands at his waist and chin up.

How can Daley not land every punch he is throwing?

Maybe I am just completely delusional, but I see nothing but an early stoppage for Paul here.
BobbyCooper is offline   Reply With Quote