MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strikeforce Pick 'em: Diaz vs Daley

View Single Post

Old 04-09-2011, 03:00 PM   #115 (permalink)
420atalon
Super Heavyweight

420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I don't know where the question about Daley's cardio is coming from Have never seen him being tired before, not even in the tough Masvidal fight. He looked the same in the third like he did in the first. Diaz looked very tired to me in the Scott Smith fight after being tagged several times by perhaps one of the worst strikers in the Sport today.

Daley is so quick, so atheltic and so powerful counter striker. He moves in with his jab and hook's just like that, you don't even see them coming. It's the ideal striking style to face somebody like Diaz who comes at you with his hands at his waist and chin up.

How can Daley not land every punch he is throwing?

Maybe I am just completely delusional, but I see nothing but an early stoppage for Paul here.
Agree on most of that.

The problem is that Diaz is similar to Masvidal but better in every regard...

Fighters that can keep their self outside of Daleys power range have a decent chance of at least surviving. That is all Diaz has to do until Daley makes a mistake and gives Diaz the takedown and submission.

If Daley had good takedown defense or the slightest ground game I would pick him in this fight easily. Sadly he is one dimensional and his opponent has a good ground game(although mediocre takedowns).

Diaz has only been knocked out once in 32 fights. He knows how to survive. I hope Daley knocks him the f out but I don't know that it will happen.
420atalon is offline   Reply With Quote