MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Strikeforce Pick 'em: Diaz vs Daley

View Single Post

Old 04-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #119 (permalink)
420atalon
Super Heavyweight

420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness420atalon Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
And thats just not true at all.

I can't make you believe this probably, nobody will probably.. but Diaz is just and awful, awful Wrestler and he just can't take people down. Also, if he somehow gets one Takedown wich would be very lucky cause Daley is just immense strong and athletic plus has very underrated TDD.. then what makes you people think he could just submit a purble belt just liket that?

Diaz couldn't do Nothing after laying on top of KJ Noons who doesn't even have a purple belt in BJJ. The thought that Diaz takes him down and submits him right away is completely delusional.

Even if Diaz gets the Takedown somehow.. Daley will be right back up. Cause Diaz can't Wrestle and has zero top control.

Daley is not one-dimensional at all with decent Wrestling and decent BJJ and amazing standup skills. Not much more one-dimensional then Nick is.
I can see Diaz getting the trip takedown from the clinch like he has against many of his past opponents...

Daley has been taken down by almost every decent fighter he has fought and usually he ends up staying there until the bell sounds or he gets submitted... All of his losses have been from being submitted or outwrestled except for one fight that he was injured in...

Diaz has fought power punchers before and has taken big shots and survived. Gomi, Zaromski, Smith, Noons, Santos, Lawler etc. He finds ways to survive though and finds ways to win fights. Diaz has only really struggled with good wrestlers and that is something that Daley is not.

This fight really could go either way imo. Daley tko in first two rounds or Diaz sub in later 3 rounds is how I see it playing out.
420atalon is offline   Reply With Quote