MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Epicurus' Problem of Evil

View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 01:35 AM   #19 (permalink)
Davisty69
CoutureCop

Davisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For GreatnessDavisty69 Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadoq View Post
Just registered for debate, I hope it'll be alright.

So I'll try to get back on 1st topic/OP here

Again, I think the problem here is people interpreting what shouldn't be.

as I see it, we each have both god and evil in ourselves, it's a struggle that takes place every day, in each of our decisions.

Going for an evil way would probably bring immediate and easy reward, but long term issues
Going for a good way is harder, but rewarding in the long run, making us better human beings overall

And this is where free will comes into play, we are given the choice between good and evil, and this choice will determine our life (and possibly afterlife, I don't yet have a clear opinion on this one)

God has a say in this battle as god is a part of each of us (as well as his/hers/its counterpart)

The battle between good & evil doesn't take place in our world, but in our hearts, in our very lives.

Comes judgment day (whatever that means), the way we chose to live our lives will determine our fate.

We're sinners, evil is inside of each and everyone of us, if we embrace god, it/he/she'll help us to overcome this inner evil (or the famous "inner me/enemy" slice was talking about, in the sense that we are our worst enemies).

if you have faith, you'll be able to fight against your evil part, faith gives you the courage and strength to get back up and get better every day, to deal with the worst that happens to you.

As I see it, evil has a purpose and this purpose is to test our faith, or even reveal it.
Sorry bud, but you are confusing the Problem of evil. It implies the standard Judeo christian version of GOD, which presupposes certain characteristics of said GOD.

Your ideas of GOD are all well and good, but they don't apply to this argument.

As to the argument, I would love to post imput but You two guys have said so much on it I don't even know where to begin.

(p.s., I got my bachelors in Philosophy, and love this topic, so I'd love to get involved if any of you want to bring up any part of it again. )

Check out MMAforum.com's
Top 25 Fights to show a new MMA fan!!

http://www.mmaforum.com/ufc/69374-to...ml#post1079252
Davisty69 is offline   Reply With Quote