MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Best mouth guards? Shock Dr or Dentist fitted?

View Single Post

Old 04-10-2011, 09:38 AM   #5 (permalink)
Voiceless
Middleweight

Voiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By AllVoiceless Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro2010 View Post
Thanks for the info that was a great help... I saw that Shock Doctor make custom guards... Would one of these http://www.shockdoctor.com/product/c...outhguard.aspx be better than a dentist fitted guard? Or are dentist fitted guards ALWAYS the best option? I ask the question because Shock Doctor seem to think of everything, years ago I had a dentist fitted guard which fit well but all it seemed to be was a thin piece of soft plastic, didn't have any of the features Shock Doctor describe!
I can't really tell about the SD custom made guards as I don't know what kind of technology they use. The crucial part there is that you get a kit and have to do the dental imprint yourself. That can go very well, but a dentist has more experience in it.

The multiple layer mouthguards I mentioned before are the kind lots of professionals use.
Voiceless is offline   Reply With Quote