MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Video of myself

Thread: Video of myself
View Single Post

Old 04-11-2011, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Squirrelfighter
Squirrel Fighting Champ

Squirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatSquirrelfighter Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Honestly some of the most developed stuff I've seen in videos since Pheelgood and Kin.

The movement is very solid and quick, my only issues with footwork are that you were only moving in one direction. That can eventually be picked up on and countered. Also depending on the opponent's stance, only moving one direction can move you into his power.

When it comes to the kicks, I think more variety is something to work on. Add in some leg kicks and push kicks, that speed of movement can put you in a situation where you land a kick, and are already moving before your opponent's counter can land.

Was that a heel kick or a side kick chained off the roundhouse in the first video? Either way, try to plant a bit more on the roundhouse if you're going to chain it, its a big test of balance to perform one of those with any power.

When it comes to planting on your whole foot when you throw a kick. There's nothing wrong with that, it all depends on what your strategy is for sprawling and countering. If your plan is to root, and to move inside to evade the counter, a flat-footed kick is better. However if you want to evade the takedown, and slip outside to defend the counter, standing up on the ball of your foot is better.

Head movement was something that I think was missing too. Its hard to work evasive head movement without someone throwing fists at your head, but just general head movement, side to side at the waist and shoulders makes your face a much harder target to track.

Sig courtesy of that photo-matic magician limba

Quote:
I went out the way that I fight. I went out on my shield. That’s it. Done. --Chuck Liddell
Quote:
My goal is to end my opponent --Carlos Condit
Squirrelfighter is offline   Reply With Quote