MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who is the best grappler in the world

View Single Post

Old 04-18-2011, 01:39 PM   #20 (permalink)
IronMan
True Grappler

IronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A BallerIronMan Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfraq9 View Post
Hey Ironman, Whats your impression of Matt Hume? Didn't he start ADCC?
It's not as simple as him 'starting' ADCC. He was involved in getting it running, and he was part of Sheikh Zayed's inspiration for starting the competition.

Matt Hume is one of those guys that everyone seems to have a really deep respect for. His leglocks are supposed to be really amazing and I'm sure his technical knowledge is terrific.

He's not really that much of a competitor anymore, though. And in his prime I'd never locate him in the ranks of a lot of the guys that have been mentioned in this thread. I don't think of him like a Roger Gracie or a Marcelo Garcia type figure. I think of him more like Pat Miletich; he was one of the best fighters in the world, but his major contribution is in terms of his coaching.

Sig by Toxic

Barnett - Toquinho -Werdum - "Nurmie"
Z. Gurgel - Morango - Rocha - Tiequan
IronMan is offline   Reply With Quote