MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - swpthleg's training log

View Single Post

Old 04-18-2011, 06:34 PM   #269 (permalink)
swpthleg
Curitiba Food and Liquor

swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Mon 4-18: 2 mile run, 15 min stepmill. I'm going to try to double up tomorrow, as there's a makeup judo class tomorrow night.
Tue: No AM workout; I'd forgotten I had to take the small Swplet to the pediatrician for a checkup. Judo was dynamic throwing drills (ie step back, kazushi, fit and throw, repeat in a straight line) and randori.
Wed: 1 mile run before 1 hour or so of pretty much nonstop cardio in the form of point sparring. As a combat sport, I find point sparring very silly, but it does confer some speed/agility/cardio benefit that helps me in my standup.
Thur: I got drilled in my left quad last night and now I'm icing it so I'm worth something at judo tonight. I can do harae goshi, hanae goshi and uchimata; however my instructor says if I nail them, he'll show me yama arashi, which looks like buckets of fun.
EDIT: The first hour of judo was great, with a lot of moving drills, but the last half hour was all talking about grip, which is useful but doesn't work me.
Fri: AM 3.5 mile run, then PM sparring drills with an all-womens' class. It's a new class and I hope it continues to grow, because it was a decent workout and helps with basic boxing.
Sat: rested

Sig Credit to Toxic

Last edited by swpthleg : 04-23-2011 at 08:43 PM.
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote