MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Respect JDS

Thread: Respect JDS
View Single Post

Old 04-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
BrianRClover
Welterweight

BrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By All
Junior has been my favorite HW since his debut in the UFC. I remember seeing a behind the stage (I think Dana White) video blog after that fight and he was just like a big kid with excitement, very much the way he comes across on the show.

He's a great person and a great fighter. So to answer your question, I was already a fan... but the show has definitely made me respect him even more.

As for Brock. Based on the "chicken salad" episode... I think his guys are a little to sensitive. He has a very "military" like training style. Some coaches are like that. Deathclutch obviously, the Militech camp was like that... I assume they still are but you don't hear much about them anymore. Other camps carry more of a traditional martial arts attitude, of peace and calmness... this you see out of Blackhouse, or even Jackson's... there's nothing wrong with either, it just depends on what kind of training you accept better.

I can tell you on a personal level, I would rather have a trainer like Brock, then JDS... even though my fanfare lies elsewhere as far as fighers go.
BrianRClover is offline   Reply With Quote