MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bench-press

Thread: Bench-press
View Single Post

Old 04-21-2011, 03:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Scarecrow
Featherweight

Scarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of KnowledgeScarecrow Is True Champion Of Knowledge
I would suggest not listening to either one of the above posts. Both sound like they're written by kids.

The bench will never and should never be an "explosive" exercise. It's a compound lift and due to your positioning below the weight, you go slow on the press up as well a lowering the weight.

I would suggest you find a trainer at your local gym to be shown correct form, or find videos online showing the correct way to perform the bench. What I would not suggest is to come to an MMA forum to find this information.