MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 129: Nate Diaz vs Rory MacDonald

View Single Post

Old 04-22-2011, 03:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
limba
NO. 1 *BONER*

limba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Materiallimba Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
I don't think there really is a lesson to learn. HE dominated 2 and a half rounds of that right vs Condit and Condit finished the fight. Carlos Condit is the real deal, if I were Rory I wouldn't even be disappointed in that fight.
I believe it was his inexperience that cost him the fight.
He was 20-18 ahead on the score cards, no doubt, but instead of playing it safe - and boring, most likely - he chose to stay aggressive and fight. If i remember coorectly, he tried to take to take Condit down but ended up on the bottom after a scramble and Condit started doing some GnP and connected. He rocked Rory pretty badly.

I have huge respect for the kid for chosing to fight in that 3rd rd even if that cost him the fight.

Others would have run in the cage in order to preserve their advantage. Or..TD + lay 'n pray.

I'm so looking forward to seeing how he evolved, especially after joining Tristar.

BELIEVE!

limba is offline   Reply With Quote